Sep 26, 2009

uʍop ǝpısdn

Oh Facebook, I love you so much,but why do you sometimes try to go a bit weird?
Today’s example;
(Click the picture below to view a larger version)





“ENGLISH(UPSIDE DOWN)”
This is a new language option for Facebook, in which texts are displayed upside down. For example, you see ¡ʞooqəɔɐℲ oʇ əɯoɔləʍ for the word “Welcome to Facebook!”.When I
first found this, I couldn’t believe my eyes…like “WTF?! Do I have to stand on my head?


Kidding. But I have a question. What is this version for? Who is going to use it anyway?
Well, something that sounds new and weird always makes me feel like I just have to try it .So,I had been using Facebook in English(US), but now I’ve been using it in this new Upside-down English as of 3 days ago.
BUT! — this is MY opinion — but it’s a FAILURE. In this mode, not all texts are displayed upside down. Some texts are still displayed normal. This makes me confused. Now I can’t tell which are upside down texts and which are not, coz of kind of an optical illusion. I’m kinda feeling sick right now...



This is another funny version. English(Pirate)


Anyway, I love you Facebook, even though you were a bit off~(^U^)♪


I’m off to Kyoto for a seminar camp tmrw. I am going to give a presentation on my major, constitution.I’m still writing some documents.I’m feeling so nervous right now...But after that, we're going sightseeing around Kyoto!It’s been a long time since I went to Kyoto last, so I’m so excited now.I’ll post some pics of Kyoto here later!
Alrighthy then.
Have a wonderful weekend!!


Today's Proverb - Faith will move half a dozen of the other.

にほんブログ村 英語ブログへ

6 comments:

Trish said...

i didnt even know theres these vrs of facebook!! wow!! i never tried them before, only weird thing that happens to me is when i go on facebook & its in a different language everytime i go -_-

good luck on your presentation! =]

Yuka.M said...

Oh that is weird. I have no idea what is wrong with your Facebook...Do you usually log out every tme after seeing Facebook?

Thanks! My presentation went well.I prepared for it very hard, so after my presentation I could also answer some questions from them properly. I enjoyed Kyoto very much.I'll post some pics on this blog soon!

Brigida Alexandra Marcella said...

it's a nice info!

i need to learn more from you.

Yuka.M said...

Miss Reith Jerevinan>>

Thanks for visiting&leaving a comment! you should just try it =p

Brigida Alexandra Marcella said...

I'm soo gonna try it! Turning my world (facebook) upside down.. LOL

btw, can i add you too on Facebook? my facebook link is on my reith-jerevinan.blogspot.com sidebar... ^^

nice to know you!

Yuka.M said...

Ive just added you!:)
Nice to know you too=)