Sep 11, 2009

A fight with an unwelcome guest



I love animals. Especially dogs. I used to have a dog named LOVE but she died just 2 weeks ago. She was a really nice dog. Tears still come out when I think of our happy days with her.We miss her so much.

I often go to the Zoo and aquariums to meet animals. I often see cats sleeping peacefully on the fence of my house under the warm sun and I often hear birds singing around the tree in my garden, which make me feel happy. To me, they are all welcome.


But sometimes, really sometimes, some unwelcome guests come to my house. Or better say, INTO my house.
Roaches, geckos, centipedes...and so on. I wonder where they always come from cause my house is neither that old nor located near the mountains. When I saw them in my house for the first time, I could do nothing but scream.But now we have already got used to getting rid of those kind of things.


But these days, a new ugly animal began to come to my house.
A black, flying animal which has a face looks like dog's...


















Yes, A BAT!!!!

A pesky BAT!!!!!!!


I tried to post more "impactive" picture of a bat but I didn't, because I didn't want to see this creepy thing everytime I open my page!lol


The first time we found it in my house was a month ago. My sister found something small and black sticking on the ceiling, and she suddenly started screaming like "AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" 'cause the black thing suddenly spread its wings and began to fly.After that we all fought desparately with it for almost an hour, to get it out of the house.It was flying very very fast so it took such a long time.


Since then, especially when I'm in my room, I often hear a weird and faint noise by the window and under the roof.We tried playing the radio during the night time to get them away cause it was often said that bats dislike the sound.But it didn't work at all. The next day when I saw outside from the window, there they were! There were LOTS of tiny black droppings on the roof(Oops sorry if you are while eating right now)!!!!!


This urged us to do something immediately.So last week, my mother bought this;




"A bat insecticide spray(?)"!


This smells like a peppermint, and bats hate this scent. Last sunday we climbed onto the roof and sprayed this to every part of the roof top and under the eaves, and cleaned and washed around there.During this week,there has been no dropping on the roof!!!!!!!!!Seems like finally this spray worked.We did it!Byebye ugly bats! I hope they won't get used to this scent and come back to my house again. I am sick of seeing them.x(


にほんブログ村 英語ブログへ

4 comments:

The Haynes Family said...

Hi Yuka! Thanks for the comment on my blog :) We lived in Japan for 2 years, but we just moved back to the states. Your English is great!! My Japanese is mostly limited to ordering sushi... yum! Have a great weekend! :)

Epoche said...

Very good and funny blog.
It’s the first time I heard about “bat-spray”, though I’m Japanese. Congratulations on your victory in this war against invaders 8).
Thanks for your comment on my blog. I will try to keep working my English.
Waiting for your next up.

Yuka.M said...

The Haynes Family >>
Thanks for your comment! Oh you lived in Japan?!That's great!Where in Japan did you live? How was your life? LOL I also am a huge fan of Sushi:)Especially Salmon nigiri :9 I like your blog and your baby is super cute!Thank you, you too, have a nice weekend!

Yuka.M said...

Epoche>>
Oh are you Japanese?!?!I thought you were French lol!!!Glad to know you:) Thanks, your journals are also interesting to me!I'll visit your blog sometimes from now on:)Thanks for your comment!