Oct 3, 2009

Goodbye Summer '09!

September 27・28th, 2009. At the end of the long summer vacation.

We went to Shiga and Kyoto for a seminar camp.On the first day, we, the 12 seminar members, had a joint session at 立命館大学 Ritsumeikan University,a private school in Shiga prefecture(next to Kyoto).At the session I was supposed to give a presentation about a topic related to the Constitution of Japan.So I worked very hard to prepare for it before going to the camp. Before going I was feeling really nervous about the presentation, but at the same time I was excited and looking forward to it because this would be the first time for me to visit a private school(I'm currently going to a national university in west Japan).

When we got to the University, we were speechless when looking around the campus. I felt as if i were somewhere abroad...Then everyone started taking photos, just like people fresh from country do.

Here are some photos of the campus of Ritsumeikan University.

(Click the pictures below to view the larger version!)









It doesn't look like Japan...









Super huge!









A dorm in the campus.We had a presentation & stayed that night here









Our room - Only 600 yen(6.5 USD)/day!Cheap!









School Cafeteria - SUBWAY in the campus of a University?!
Oh dear, Private unis ROCK!






Everything was huge, new, ultramodern,clean, and beautifully ordered.Everything was different from our University.We were a bit culture-shocked by the gap between public schools and private schools.You might think it's not that a big deal though.I guess probably this is just because especially our university is quite old. But anyways, I felt like I got a little refined throughout this visit, in many ways.My presentation went well. The Ritsumeikan's seminar members somehow looked more matured than us,despite being the same age as we are.But they were all very friendly to us.We had a party together at that night.Though we met each other for the first time on that day, I made lots of friends from the university.


On the 2nd day morning we left the campus and headed to Kyoto for sightseeing. We didn't have much time(plus traveling in a group always takes time -_-) so we couldn't visit so many places...we could only see around the station.But I just LOVE Kyoto! There are many places worth visiting.
Pictures:)!









Kyoto Tower, in front of Kyoto station.131m









Yasaka Shrine









Everyone=)









The beautiful street view of Gion









Kiyomizu temple




I took so many pictures. I hope these pics will make you want to visit Kyoto one day(^-^) Though it was raining, there were lots of people and tourists. I hope that Kyoto will be a beautiful ancient city that is loved by people all over the world forever.


My long long Summer 09' was over, and school started just 2 days ago. I'll be quite busy during this semester, but I'll keep on writing as many posts as possible!

Today's Proverb - A bicycle can't stand on its own because it's two-tired.

にほんブログ村 英語ブログへ

6 comments:

owenandbenjamin said...

Your English is very good.

I love the pictures. Those beds in the room look very small. I don't think I could fit.

Yuka.M said...

Thank you Tornadoes28!I'm so glad to hear that.
The beds weren't that small, I think they are normal size.It was comfortable for me to sleep, but the room was so dried.
Btw your blog is very interesting. Bookmarked!:)

Brigida Alexandra Marcella said...

the pictures are great! btw, Japan is totally cool.. rocks!

emi said...

Hiya! Here I am try to leave a English comment for you!
I've never seen Ritsumeikan before, and I can't believe it's Japan either.
I guess you enjoyed Kyoto as well as the Uni.The post mede me want to go Japan!
Good luck with your semester!

Yuka.M said...

Miss Reith Jerevinan>> Thank you!!You should visit Japan some day. I think you'll like it:)

Yuka.M said...

Emi san>>

Thanks for your comment!Did they make you miss Japan^-^?
Yeah,when we got to the Uni,all we could say was just "SUGOOOOOOOI!!!!!!!!"I guess we were totally looked like "INAKAMON"by Ritsmeikan's passer-by students lol!The Power of money rocks.:p