Sep 16, 2009

The season for Art

If you have a chance to stop by my town, the thing that will suprise you first is probably this;








This is a train on Kakogawa line which runs around my town. I take this train every day to go to University.


It is said that this design was painted by a famous artist from Kakogawa, but nobody knows his name(I don't know either.lol).


If I were asked to comment something about this design, I'd say;
"Well, I think I don't dislike the whole design,because I love colorful stuff.Plus,it's very impressive and it has a great impact...you know, in a good way."


But a question still remains.






Why...why did he draw.....eyes?
So many eyes?




...Why?




When my friends come to my town for their first time, what they ask me right after we meet is always this;


"Hey,by the way,what the hell is the train with lots of eyes on it ?!?!"






Who knows.Ask him by yourself.


I am kind of sick of being asked about it.




Anyway, this makes me doubt this man's sense of art.
Especially if you see this in the dark...I guess it'll make you shudder.Maybe.lol








Another version.This looks much better than the first one,though.There are a few more other designs but all of them just look weird to me.


***


Fall has come in Japan. It's getting cooler and more comfortable.In Japan,fall is often referred to as the best season for sports, reading, eating and art.
What do you enjoy in fall?


Well,in my case, at least when it comes to art, apparently I'm gonna have to say that I am utterly ignorant of it.*sigh*

にほんブログ村 英語ブログへ

4 comments:

Trish said...

those trains really looks cool! the eyes are weird though, maybe its to watch the people!!! =O! i wish the trains here have designs like those, really nice!

i love fall, just because its not summer & it means its closer to winter which means snowboarding for me =]!

thank you for following my blog btw! =]

Yuka.M said...

Oh, you think it's nice?...hmm, I don't think so... it's just horrible!lol I guess you are the person who can appreciate the true value of artworks.:)
Snowboading sounds so cool! We have little snow around my area, so I've never tried snowboading yet.But I wanna try it some day!!!

You're welcome.Thank you too for following my blog! Btw are you studying Japanese? Your blog title is Japanese,right?(makes me happy=D)

Anyway,I always enjoy reading your posts!

Trish said...

yeah i like the funky designs its probably why hehehe

snowboarding can be hard at first but you get used to it, its a fun but dangerous sport!

my lover is studying japanese, he always teaches me a few things here & there or gives me extra packets from his teacher ^_^ i also listen to audio that teaches simple japanese conversations =]

Yuka.M said...

Woow thats really lovely!Japanese is quite different from English and also it's often said that it is one of the most difficult languages in the world,but now you are studying it. That's really nice=] You should visit Japan with your lover some day!!I can show you around~(^-^)