Jun 26, 2010

GO SAMURAI BLUE J-A-P-A-N!!



Yesterday was an epic day. As other bloggers have been posting about, Japan beat Denmark 3-1 in yesterday's World cup soccer  match.Actually I didn't watch it because the game started at 3am(JST) and I never expected Japan would win the game(for some reason I've been kinda pessimistic about our team). I was surprised when I woke up and turned on TV - every channel was reporting about that game and highlighting the score scenes repeatedly. I think Japan did a great job. Now I'm feeling I really should have watched the awesome game.I'll definitely watch the next game against Paraguay!!! 

I think World cup is superior to Olympics in the respect that many of the citizens get united  just for one sport.The audience rating shows it well - According to the survey by 日本テレビ(Nippon Television Network Corporation), the audience rating in Japan reached 41.3% before 5am.This means 2 out of 5 people were watching Japan Vs. Denmark, even though the game was from 3am to 5am ish and most of them still had a work or school just a few hours later! Even the final match of free-style skating in Vancouver Olympic 2010, in which Mao Asada won a silver medal, the average audience rating was 36.3%.

Another very interesting fact is that the amount of water use suddenly increased greatly right after the first half of the game was over, according to the survey done by Osaka Municipal Waterworks Bureau.This means a lot of of people who had been stuck close to TV to watch the game went to the rest room  at once, as soon as the first half of the game was over.

Lastly, look at these crazy people at Shibuya,Tokyo,right after the game.Some of them were taken by the police because they were too excited. You'll see how excited people in Japan were yesterday(Watch @ 2:15)...


By the way, I got a ringtone of Vuvuzera , the trumpet-looking instrument buzzing all the time during a game!

I was going to set this as my alarm sound but quit, 
because it's sooooooooooo annoying!!!! lol


にほんブログ村 英語ブログへ

4 comments:

Thess said...

yeeeeeeah!!! so great that they've won!! *_*

Thanh Thao said...

I was so happy when I watched the game and saw that Japan won (I fell asleep for about 15 minutes while watching, hahaha!)

I'm cheering for our Team of Germany and of course for the lovely Japanese team! :-) Oh, wait, who should I cheer for in case Japan plays agains Germany?? :-)) Nooo!! XD

Brigida Alexandra Marcella said...

wow... yeah....

Yuka.M said...

Shou-chan&Bree - Yes! They lost to Paraguay but I think they did a great job!!

Thanh - Haha, apparently it will never happen in this world cup!^^ I'll definitely cheer for Germany next!!!! ;)