Jun 22, 2010

The Blue Day Book

According to the calender,yesterday was the summer solstice.As you know,it's the longest day of the year. But this year it didn't mean anything to us cause in Japan it's in the middle of the rainy season right now.And that's the season I hate the most during a year, because it makes me blue, depressed, and perspire(Too much humidity is what I hate the most during this season). It has been gloomy and raining for almost all day lately,and also sometimes it rains cats and dogs(this is an interesting English phrase that I studied recently btw- why "cats and dogs"? =]).Heavy rain sometimes delays the transportation service,which makes me feel just don't wanna go to school and do anything.So, on rainy days with no class, I usually just lie about at home doing nothing.


Speaking of blue days,I received a package from U.S. today.It's an English book that I ordered @ Amazon.co.jp last week. The title is "The Blue Day Book".



This is a wonderful collection of amusing and adorable animal photos with some short texts that cheers you up when you've got the blues. One of my American friends once lent it to me and I liked it so much, so I wanted it as mine.I looked for it at some book stores and libraries, but I couldn't find it, so I ordered on Amazon.It was my first time online shopping, and I'm simply satisfied because it was quite cheap and took me only less than 1 week until I received it.Also it was flawless despite having come all the way from US.


This book is just like a simple little photo book with simple messages, so of course it's not Shakespeare nor a kind of so-called how-to book that solves your mental problems.But, with those unique and cute black-and white photos of animals that perfectly match with each humorous message,you'll not be able to read it without smiling and it will definitely make you feel better :It's guaranteed. I think this is what makes this book special.   
You can view some of the pages of this book HERE.


Well, I'm not a sensitive person, so I rarely get inspired by famous words by great people.But one of the phrases from this book did catch my heart.Now I'd like to share it with you here, also as a note to myself:


- Live every day as if it were your last, 
because one day, it will be.


You may think this is too simple and it's not that a special word, and I agree to it.
But this message makes me realize that how much I've been wasting my time that never comes back again.Nobody can tell when we will die or how long we can live.I might not be in this world at this moment tomorrow, nor even a few hours later.This might be a bit extreme,but it's quite possible.
So, I'll try my best to make my life a great one.I still don't know how, but for the time being until I start my new life next spring, I want to try as many things as possible that I can experience only while I am still a student.I hope to make every moment a special one so that one day, when my last day comes and I look back on my past life, I can feel that I could send a great life.This quote is gonna be one of my mottos from now on.


Anyway, if you have a chance, I highly recommend you to pick it up and take a look at this book - even if you don't like animals very much.This book also will be a nice present to someone special.Maybe I'll get one more and give it to my best friend who is leaving for the UK to study soon. This is such a book worth it, I think.


にほんブログ村 英語ブログへ

No comments: