Jun 19, 2010

An un-birthday party @ my friend's!

Yesterday, 2 of my Japanese friends and I had a small party at my American friend's house.Since I had been really busy with job searching until recently, it was the first time in 5 months to join a home party.


And yesterday, I totally fell in love with these stuff;
(Click on the images below to view a larger version)


1) ® Frito Lay - Doritos for Dip! (Original)



It was my first try, and it was soooooooo good! We had it with salsa sauce and I loved the combination. Once I started eating, I couldn't stop it. I guess I could have eaten it more, but my self-control woke me up when I looked at the calorie chart on the bottom of the package...almost 1,000 kcals per one bag... O_o!!!!
But still,it's one of the best snacks ever.I know it's hard to find it here but I think I just need to go get some!!! :9

2) Tacos.



Laura, the American friend who invited us, had already prepared the fillings of tacos for us.We put some seasoned chickens,cheese,salsa sauce, tomatoes and shredded cabbage on the tortilla,and rolled these fillings with the tortilla then ate it.It was my second time to eat tacos.I hadn't had it for a long time because my father disliked it when he first tried it(How could he?! Maybe he has a bad sense of taste) and it has never been served since then.First time I ate it with the U-shaped hard shell,but this time it was wheat tortilla.Personally I much prefer tortilla to hard shell.It was also really delicious.I had two tacos and they made me full & happy.It's a pity that it's hard for us to find these foods here in Japan, cause there are only a few stores that sell foreign foods in my area.I'm so jealous of Americans & Mexicans! xD

Until Laura told us the chips and tacos were actually not the main dinner, I had totally forgotten that the title of the home party was originally "hot-cake yaki party". Like I said,I was already full,but when it came to dessert, I was pretty sure there was still a room for it in my stomach.lol. 

Why do we call it "hot-cake yaki" btw?

-'Cause we used a takoyaki pan to make hot cakes!!!


 Separating the each ball with a chopstick after filling up the holes of takoyaki pan with hotcake mix... 
(I'm kinda clumsy I poured it too much lol!)
You can put any toppings as you like - we added some pieces of bananas, 
chocolates, raisins and cranberry chips, etc.





 Baking hot cake-yaki! Rotating them is a bit hard, but fun!


I had never come up with the idea of making mini cakes with a takoyaki pan before.I think it's a great idea.It's just the right size for eating it in one mouthful,and also you can enjoy various flavors depending on what you add as toppings. I personally liked the combination of banana&chocolate&whip cream sooo much! 
Though I was pretty much full after chips&tacos, I ate more than 5 and I could hardly move for a while.Crazy!


We ate a lot, drank a lot,and talked a lot.We had a really good time!We definitely need to do it again! 

にほんブログ村 英語ブログへ

6 comments:

Thess said...

awww this food looks so amazing :3
I love the cakes, look delicious :3

Trish said...

aw thats cute that you liked those foods! theres different kinds of doritos chips here & i have never seen one that looked like the photo you have posted!! everything over here are flavored with cheese & etc!

& i think danish (from denmark) people use a takoyaki pan (they call it a different name too) to make dessert balls like you had made, but they add powdered sugar on top after putting it on the plate! they are indeed delicious! =]

Trish said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Trish said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Thanh Thao said...

Everything looks so yummy!! I'd love to have a food party with you, too! :-))

Sorry, I didn't manage to write to you at fb, I will do so soon! :-))

Yuka.M said...

Shou-chan - Haha yeah, they were all amazing!Why don't you get a takoyaki pan, it's useful!! xD

Trish - Oh,really? Hmmm,Laura(the host of the party) said she got it at a store specializing in foreign foods in our city. I thought it was the one which was imported directly from U.S. because the labels were all written in English...Anyway, I'll ask her later.I wanna try cheese version too!!
And wow, I've never heard that Danish ppl do the same thing!That's interesting!Powdering sugar sounds yummy indeed! :DD

Thanh - Ah don't worry thats ok!
Me too!That'd be so much fun!I can make you full xD