Jun 15, 2010

An unexpected piece of luck

Yesterday, my mom happened to find out an unexpected piece of luck while she was cleaning the living room.


Can you guess what it was?!?!















It's MONEY!!!!!

8 thousand - yen bills(≒87USD)!!!!!








- From where?







                           


HERE(∀)!!!!!!!!!!
From under the sofa!


Okay, lemme tell you the story. 5 ish months ago, we had a very strange happening in my house. One day, after I got home from the new year's bargain sale, I was counting the number of the bills remaining in my wallet in the living room on the 1st floor.After that, I put the bundle of 9 thousand-yen bills on the dining table,and then, I went upstairs to get a calculator. When I got back to the dining room just after 3 mins,strangely enough,8 out of 9 bills had disappeared.There was only 1 thousand yen bill on the table. I got panicked,and suspected my parents because they were there while I was upstairs.But they said they didn't even know that I put the money on the table. We kept searching around my house for the whole day, but we couldn't find it out. The disappeared 8000 yen never came out even after a couple of weeks.  

But yesterday, about 5 months later, my mother finally found it out.We all had totally forgotten about the disappeared 8000 yen.We rarely move the big sofa, but yesterday she needed to move it to put a new sheet on the sofa.Then finally she found something under the sofa - many faces of 野口英世Hideyo Noguchi(A famous Japanese scientist who is printed on the 1000 yen bill) looking at her!!!!!!!!!

I couldn't believe it at first.The 8 thousand yen bills had been sleeping for more than 5 months under the sofa.In the dark.
How lucky I am! Finally I got my disappeared money back!!!!!It's just like an unexpected pocket money. 
But the question still remains. Why was the money under the sofa? Who the hell put it there? Why couldn't anyone in my family find it out earlier?

Hmmmm....nobody knows.
It's still a mystery.

Anyway, now I'm busy thinking what I should spend this lucky money on.
Oh happy days!!<3<3

にほんブログ村 英語ブログへ

7 comments:

Thess said...

money under sofas, I wanna find it too!
you are lucky!!*__*

Masaya said...

oh, you are lucky!!:)

Thanh Thao said...

What a cool story!! I never find as much one cent on the streets, and you find 8000 Yen in your own house! :-) That must have a deeper meaning! Hahahaha!

PS: we really need to catch up! Let me write a message to you on fb, soon!

Brigida Alexandra Marcella said...

well... come to visit me in Indonesia, darling!
that's gonna be fun! hehehehe

Yuka.M said...

Shou-chan - Why don't you clean the whole room? You might find something unexpected!!!!

MaSaYa - Yeah!! xD But now I'm afraid that something bad will happen next....x(

Yuka.M said...

Thanh - Hahah yeah! I never expected such a big money would come out!!!
I decided to use the money to buy the new iPhone!!

Bree - Wow sounds great! I'd like to visit and catch up with you there!

Unknown said...

Really it is a nice story