Jul 3, 2010

Super-size store

Okay, so like you already know, last Tuesday Japan lost 3-5 to Paraguay on the final penalty shootout, and finally dropped out of the World cup 2010.I was too nervous to watch the last PK, so it was after the game when I knew the result.It did make me disappointed, but I think they all did a great work in this world cup and I am really proud of them.They showed us their great teamwork and the importance of not giving up. I hope we'll see them again in Brazil 2014!


Yesterday, one of my Japanese friends and I took 2 exchange students from the US and UK to the "Super Size Store" near our uni, to help them buy some new large-sized clothes.
    
For some foreigners who live in Japan, buying clothes might be one of the problems they are facing.Some of the exchange students I've met so far have found it difficult to get new clothes and shoes for their sizes in Japan. This is because the standards of Japanese sizes are quite different from those of their countries' ,which often makes them confused. They say even the largest sized clothes of GAP, the American clothing brand, is made much smaller for them here in Japan.
Also I know some foreign female friends who got shocked as they were considered plus-size in Japan, even though they were considered to be average or slim in their countries. If you have a chance to visit Japan some day, you might have the same experience as they did. But remember, don't compare yourself to Japanese women.Different genes = different body type.Nothing to worry about.Well, to be honest, even I find pants a bit of a problem actually...Japanese girls these days have no hips and butt!!  lol


It was my fist time to visit this store, and until I found it out on the Internet I didn't even know there was such an unique store near to my uni. I was surprised that the store carried up to a 8L! I've never seen that large size!


Super big Jinbei (4L) !

(I think many foreigners in Japan love this character. I often see people wearing T-shirts with this char even though they were slim...which is cute, though.)

Not only clothes, but all the stuff in this store was super sized as well!(Sorry these pics cannot show you how big they actually were)


Super large mirror!


and an unnecessarily super huge fitting room!


...with a fan attached!
(I think it could easily become my own small study room if only it had a window lol)


My friends from the U.S. and the UK looked so excited as they found new cool clothes for their size.Their shopping took us almost 2 hours, which made me and the other Japanese friend a bit tired, but it's okay as long as they enjoyed their shopping. :) We had a very good time!


にほんブログ村 英語ブログへ

3 comments:

Thanh Thao said...

I must recommend this store to German friends, too, who have the same problem of finding clothing in Japan, cause they are too big :-)

I'm lucky, cause I'm Asian, I fit into most of the japanese clothing! Here most of the stuff are too big for me, hahaha! :-) It is a reverse world, so to speak!

Too bad the Japanese lost, I was cheering for them! :-)) Now you can cheer with me for our National Team of Germany! :-))

Masaya said...

Wow, 8L!? I've never seen such a large size...

Yuka.M said...

Thanh>> Yeah, I highly recommend this store to them too! I'm sure there are more stores in the places where you're visiting, coz even our small city has one!If the stuff in your country are too big for you, you should just buy as many clothing as possible during your stay in Japan! ;)
Thank you for cheering Japan!I can't wait for tomorrow's game of Germany vs Spain!I bet Germany will win!

MaSaYa>> Me neither! It was more like a blanket for me rather than clothes!!