Aug 5, 2010

Fireworks!!




In Japan, it's the season of summer festivals right now. Since last weekend, a lot of firework festivals have been held in many places in Japan, and this season will last until around the middle of August. 
Personally I like seeing fireworks very much. Not only the fireworks itself, I also like the atmosphere of the festival. A lot of people wearing Yukata(a casual summer Kimono), the tasty smell of foods coming from the street stalls, and so on.  
I've already been to see fireworks at two places, one was last Saturday in Okayama,where my uni is, and the other was held last Sunday in my hometown, Kakogawa. Both places were so crowded with thousands of people, but since one of my friends had kept a good space for us in advance, we could view the fireworks from a pretty good position.

   
It's hard to take photos of fireworks...I took more than 100 photos, but 90% of them were completely blurred
    
   
I like this one :)
   
    
I heard this year's fireworks display was scaled down compared to the last year's, but still, it impressed me a lot.
   
    
There were so many stalls along the riverside. I got a skewer of grilled chicken and fried noodles, and had them watching the fireworks - Yum!!
   

The night view of Okayama Castle - Gorgeous, isn't it?


I also took a video! 




I've got one more fireworks display I am going to see, which is on next Saturday. I'm really looking forward to it!!


にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語の日記へ

5 comments:

ketty said...

You write a diary in English, it's cool!

I like fireworks too, but I have not seen them for years... This diary drives me to see fireworks display. It is very fantastic to see fireworks display, but also to enjoy handy fireworks with close friends!

Hmm... English writing is very difficult.

Yuka.M said...

Oh hi ketty, its been far too long since we last spoke! How've you been? Thanks for visiting & leaving a comment on my blog from mixi!

Well thanks, Im so glad you like it! I think your English is really good here! Actually on mixi I show my blog updates only to the specific people including you(coz Im still not confident in my English enough to show it to everyone).I left mixi and started writing in English because, to be honest, I knew I was clearly crap at my Japanese writings....haha!

I like handy fireworks too! I haven't played with them for ages though.You'll still have some chances to see fireworks displays before the season is over, so why don't you go to see them? Actually Im going to this Saturday's display with some friends that I'm sure you probably know well! :D
Anyway I hope your summer will be the best one to you! ;)

Thanh Thao said...

I love japanese fireworks so much it is really special and beautiful! Last year I had the chance to see the fireworks in Marugame on Shikoku with my friends.

Now I wanna go to Okayama, too! I just changed the Shikansen there, but did not see anything of the town until now! :-)

Yuka.M said...

Thanh >> Yeay, please do come!! There are not so many places to visit in Okayama, but there is one of the three official greatest Japanese gardens near Okayama station. I think it's worth visiting! Here's the link: http://www.okayama-korakuen.jp/english/index.html

SuFang (Careen) said...

I like Japanese animations and drama so I do know the culture there, really hope that I can go to the summer festival! =)