Aug 9, 2010

The new Hayao Miyazaki Movie 2010 - The Borrower Arietty



      
Last Sunday my mom and I went to see 借り暮らしのアリエッティ(Karigurashi no Arietty English title:The Borrower Arietty), the new movie by Studio Ghibli.
  
Well, first, my impression. - It was pretty good, I think. Before I saw it I heard from some of my friends that the story was too simple and not so dynamic for Hayao's movies. Well, I do agree with them, but still, personally, I like it. To be honest,in his movies for the past few years, there are some parts where I still find a little bit hard to understand because they are too creative and complex. Compared with them, I think this story is quite simple and easy to understand for anyone. Plus, not to mention,the background images were so amazingly beautiful. You might notice that this movie includes some scenes that look just like the scenes which appear in other Ghibli movies.
And one more thing that I like of this movie - the music. I just love the theme "Arietty's Song" by Cécile Corbel. It's such a peaceful song and her voice is so beautiful!!
      
     
It was so great seeing this movie because I had been really looking forward to seeing it for a long time.I've never missed watching Ghibli movies at the theaters - when I was a kid, my late grandfather would take me and my sister to the theaters everytime a new Hayao movie came out. If I was asked what kind of movie I like the best, Hayao movies would easily be ranked as top.Especially I like My Neighbor Totoro  Which Ghibli movie do you like the best? 
  
Another reason why I was so excited for this movie is that I've loved this story since I read the original story "The Borrowers", written by Mary Norton, when I was a kid.The story of the small people living under the floor was a great shock for just a 6 or 7 year-old girl and it made me believe that they would sure exist in my house as well.The movie was originated to the book faithfully, and I enjoyed it a lot.
  
Well, I better stop telling about the movie around here...for those have not watched it yet. I have 2 more movies I'm going to see in this summer - Toy Story 3 and Inception. My friends say they were both amazing, so I'm really excited right now  Please don't tell me the stories!!!  lol

にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語の日記へ

2 comments:

SuFang (Careen) said...

Hey I accidentally browsed through your blog when trying to search for Hayao Miyazaki's newly released animation =) Like your blog!

stephen said...

DIDO what SuFang said.
Anata no Blog sugoi desune!
Gambate!
Can't wait to watch this new one when it comes out this autumn in Europe!!

Stephen