Jul 27, 2010

Summer has come!

Yes! As the title shows,it's officially summer here in west Japan! 
It's been so freaking hot lately,which makes me feel just don't wanna go outside my house.These days I have been forced to wake up very early at like 6am,due to the heat and thousands of cicada's cry - they are soooo annoying! 

Well, today's photos that I would like to share with you are from our mini trip to the world of sunflowers. I'm not sure if I've told you in this blog or not, but viewing/arranging flowers is one of my hobbies. I am currently learning Ikebana(Japanese traditional flower arrangement) at uni, so if I have time I'd like to share with you some of my works in another post soon. When I tell someone about this, they usually get surprised,but I just don't know why lol. Do I look like the last person who would have such a girly hobby?? :( 
Anyways, I like sunflowers the best of all flowers. 兵庫県佐用町 Sayo-cho in Hyogo pref., the place we visited this time is located about 2 hours away from my place by car, and is known as one of the largest sunflower fields in Japan.Especially this place has become very popular rapidly since last year, mainly because it got seriously damaged by the heavy rain attacked this area around this time last year.Despite such a serious damage, people living there never gave in, and made a great effort to keep their tradition of growing and displaying sunflowers.These people's efforts have moved a lot of Japanese people's heart and thus the name of this place has become pretty famous. 
Click the photos below to view the larger version:)   


                         
There were millions of sunflowers all around, and a lot of tourists were enjoying viewing them/ taking photos of them.
           
   
Beautiful, aren't they?
     
   
I always try my best to take good photos like professional photographer's with my own digital camera, but... hmm, maybe I need to get a better one.^^;
    
    
It literally looks like the sun
    
   
My current desktop wallpaper :)
      
     
Most of them were taller than I(I'm 165cm tall)!! 
    
  
After the flower viewing, we went to eat ホルモン焼きそばfried noodles with boiled piece of pig innards, which is well known as the special food in this area.It was so amazingly delicious.Yum!
     
  
This area is also known for its beautiful view of Japanese traditional streets and houses. 
   
  
Some people call this area "the second Kyoto".
    
    
Since it was such a hot day,I wanted to play in the river - just like them! 
    

Except for the sweltering heat, I like summer very much. I've got many upcoming events from the end of this month through to the middle of August - fireworks, summer festival, small trip to some places, BBQ, drinking with my friends, etc. Hooray,eventful days! 
On the other hand, this summer is also a great chance to make enough money for my first trip abroad(I'm currently planning to visit my Aussie friend who lives in Canberra,during the next spring vacation)So I need to work very hard while I have many free time. Recently I've been working from morning to night as a teacher at a cram school.I'm always totally exhausted after getting home in night,but when I think of my trip to Australia, it makes me motivated. 
Anyhow,this is gonna be the last summer in my school life, so I'd like to try my best to make the best memories ever! 

にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語の日記へ

3 comments:

Thanh Thao said...

That are very beautiful pictures!! :-))) Your fotos seem so professional! If I look at my own ones...hahahaha!

Yeah, I know what you mean with work, I always think of Japan when I work, it is my motivation :-)

Brigida Alexandra Marcella said...

beautiful summer... of a great photographer!

Yuka.M said...

Thanh - Sorry for not replying so long!
Hahah thanks, I try to make them look professional! :)
I am really looking forward to you coming to Japan soon, just as you are looking forward to it!Hope you have lots of fun in Japan! ;)

Bree - Haha, thank Bree!Im so glad to hear that!