Jul 16, 2010

I am not getting older, I am just leveling up!

Hello there, it's been a while! I was busy for a while after the annual big event last Monday, 12th of July 2010.

 Yes, it was my birthday 
and finally I turned 22!!!
YAY!!!


Twenty two. Wow. The number makes me wonder a little. Well, I doubt my appearance or my behavior reflects that number.Haha!
I was so suprised that when I logged on Facebook there were so many lovely birthday wishes on my wall from my friends around the world, which made me so happy and feel  loved!Also I got so many decorated emails to my mobile from my Japanese friends and it took me half day to reply to them all.Due to the time difference, it lasted until the night of 13th Japan time, the next day of my birthday.Apparently I am so popular among my friends. w00t! Thanks guys!!!


Recently I'm feeling it's weird that, as I get older, I kind of feel like people in the world of showbiz such as popstars, talents and sports players who I once felt were still much older than me are getting younger than me. I never felt this way like 5 years ago, when I was still in high school. I think it's probably especially because I was born in 1988, the last year of 昭和Showa period, and the current period 平成Heisei started from the next year.When I ask someone who I first meet which year he/she was born in and then they answer it's after 1988, it makes me feel shocked a little bit. Just because the name of era differs, the year difference sounds like a century! Heck! 


Anyway, on 12th my family and friends all celeblated my becoming 22, and I had a very good time in Kobe, my favorite town, with my family.Ok random pics time!
   



Shopping to Kobe! Though it was gloomy and so muggy like hell, we enjoyed a lot!



My Sachertorte



 My sister's 



 Mine #2. Oops I ate too much!Haha! 



A lovely present from my best friend in Australia! Cute!



The pen case has 12 zippers! Cool, isn't it?


I got many nice gifts from other friends as well!


No matter how old I am, getting lots of messages and gifts on my birthday always makes me so happy!!
Well, my big event is over.This means the long depressing rainy season is also over, and summer is soon to be here.I am so excited!!!!!!
Okay so, I'll end today's post with sharing my favorite beautiful music with some wonderful pictures of summer in Japan.This music was created by a famous Japanese composer, 久石 譲  Joe Hisaishi
This will make you feel nostalgic and want to visit Japan - for sure. Enjoy!




にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語の日記へ

9 comments:

Thanh Thao said...

I'm glad you had a lovely birthday! :-)

22 was my best year so far! I wanna stay 22 my whole life, hahaha! Now that I've turned 23 in April, I actually don't feel any difference at all, seems like 22 is going on! :-))

I had Austrian Sachertorte, too! Some years ago, my sis brought it back from Vienna, and it was so unbelievably sweet! Wanna go eating cake with you, too! :-)

Trish said...

aw yay happy belated birthday as well!!! youre only a year older than me =D we're not old yet!!! LOL also very yummy desserts!

Thess said...

お誕生日おめでとう!*_*
These cakes look sooo great*_*

And I absolutely love "summer" by Joe Hisaishi, it is such a touching and heart-warming song^^

Masaya said...

Happy B'day again!

crazy-fighter said...

Happy Birthday!
I hope you have a great year!!

Yuka.M said...

Thanh >> Thanks Thanh! I'll try to make this year the best one in my whole life so when I get older I can feel the same way as what you are feeling right now.
I like Sachertorte the best of all kind of cakes! As you see in the photo, it was smaller than other cakes, but it made me full! I wanna try that Austrian Sachertorte too!!!!

Yuka.M said...

Trish >> Thanks Trish! Yes!!! We are not old yet(I hope so)!!!! xD Let's enjoy our youth!

Yuka.M said...

Shou-chan
Thanks always for your comments, Shouchan!
Did you know most of the theme songs of Hayao Miyazaki movies are also composed by him? His music are all so amazing!!

Yuka.M said...

MaSaYa >> Thanks again! :D

masa-Ochi >> Thank you! Same to you, enjoy the rest of your school days too!