Oct 14, 2011

Taco addiction



If you are my friend on Facebook, you probably know, but I am so in love with tacos. I've been so addicted to this wonderful foreign food since I first tried it at one of my American friends' house last winter.I introduced it to my family and they love it too. It's healthy and quite easy to cook. 


 My dream is to try out the "real" Mexican tacos.But the problem is, there aren't any "real" taco restaurants in my place. I've been using the seasoning from old el paso , but my American friends say the taste is different from what they have had in America. They also say that here in Japan they can't even find the seasonings they usually use in America. Does anyone know any good restaurants where I can try some real ones in Kansai area? If you know, please do tell me. I am serious. =p

2 comments:

ChiChi81 said...

I'm a fan of Mexican food too :) I love tacos, nachos, and quesadillas. It's kind of sad though that they aren't that popular in my city, we had a bunch of really good Mexican restaurants in the past but eventually they all closed down :(

Cheers,

Wi
A Single Girl's Musings

sleepytako said...

I'll cook tacos and the like a few times a year. The seasoning packets like Old El Paso or Shillings that you can get at Seijyo Ishi or Kaldi are the same that they sell in the US. Really all it is is spice and some onion powder... garlic.. stuff.. You could make your own. Making fresh salsa is also superfun and really enhances the flavor. I add a touch of shoyu, ponzu and sudachi to mine.

As far a restaurants go, none of them do the tacos like I get back home in So. California or Tucson. Gotta take what they have. However, we make a pretty decent taco and quesadilla at my local Irish pub in Kurakuen.