Jan 2, 2010

Welcome Year 2010






新年明けましておめでとうございます!
(Shinnen Akemashite Omedetou Gozaimasu)
HAPPY NEW YEAR!新年快乐!Bonne année!Buon Anno! Поздравляю Вас с Новмы годом!Felice anno nuovo!Frohes Neues Jahr!


Finally the year 2010 has started.How are you spending your new year? I hope you all are enjoying your New Year's holidays.
Unfortunately,I celebrated the coming of new year so lazily in my bed, just watching from one TV show to another.Yes, to tell the truth,I stupidly let myself loose during the last week of 2009, which ended up bringing me on a high fever. And because of this, I had  been so sick that I had to stay in my bed for the last 2 days of year 2009. My fever has already gone down but I still have a bad sore throat.What a shame way of welcoming a new year!
Well, I know it's all my fault. But anyway, my year-end was awesome,except that I had to work all day on Christmas day(I gave 3 lectures to my students,which made me exhausted). I had an epic night with my international friends on Christmas eve, went bowling & Karaoke with them on 27th, joined a home party at my circle mate's house,went to USJ(Universal Studios Japan) in Osaka with my friends and played until night(it was such a freaking cold day!!View photos), had a reunion with my friends in my high school days & Drinking & karaoke night again. No wonder my lifestyle went bad, but I'm so happy as long as I could have a really good time with my friends. How did you spend your last days of 2009 and celebrate the coming of new year?


By the way, we have a saying in Japan,"New Year's Day is the day to make one year's plan," and so we make a plan for the year. So here I'd like to share a little of what I've made up my mind to do during this year.


Pooka0712's Manifest 2010


1. I'll change my lifestyle into the morning style.
   - So I can efficiently get ahead with my work.


2. I will keep reading a newspaper.
   - To keep up with the times.This is also what I have done so far,though. But this year, it includes reading the English version as well - The Japan Times Online makes it possible. I've started subscribing it!


3. I'll challenge some new certifying exams.
  - for my career.


4. Diet! =p
 - Everyday's continuous exercise. My friends kindly say I'm silly thinking about going on a diet, but I just really need it!!Especially my lower body.If you see it, you'll see why.lol


5. and English.
 - However busy I'll be, I'll make it a rule to spend at least 1 hour studying or using English.Not only mastering the daily conversation level's English, I'll try to learn business English as well this year.As a more concrete goal,I'd like to get over 950 points on the TOEIC test.And of course, I'll keep blogging as often as possible, too! :-) 


Like I told you above, my condition at the beginning of new year wasn't so good. But please let me declare here, that I'll try my best to realize these things. I'm sure that this year will be an ordeal one to me in many ways.But whatever happens,I'd like to stay positive and confident at any time.
May you succeed in all your endeavors, and may this year 2010 be the best and the happiest one to you all!!  


にほんブログ村 英語ブログへ

4 comments:

Thanh Thao said...

あけましておめでとうございます!

I am really envious you could go to the USJ in Osaka! I have never been there even though I have been to Osaka two times. Great photos!

I didn't do anything special at New Years, hahahaha!

Have a nice day, and many greetings from Germany

Yuka.M said...

Thanks for your comment!
Oh, you've come to Osaka two times?! Wow, that's so cool! Now I live in Hyogo, the west-neighboring prefecture of Osaka. So close!
USJ is a very fun place I think. I've been there 5 times so far but this visit was the first time to stick around until night(to see the parade!).Next time if you have a chance to come to Osaka, you better visit there, it's fun!...and don't forget to try the roller coaster! It was the most thrilling one I had ever tried .:)

I hope you have a good rest of your holidays.Have a nice day!

emi said...

Happy new year! (bit late though!)
How was your new years day? Did you had nice n calm time with your family?
Oh! I went see the movie " Where the wild thing are " it was great! did you like it?
Any way! Wish you all the best!

Mory0712 said...

Emi san,

Happy New Year!
Thanks, my new years were great, my grandparents came to stay with us over new years days and we had a really good time together. How bout yours?
Oh really you've already seen it? Well to tell the truth, I haven't seen it yet...I once wrote that it would come out in last year's October but I was wrong - Apparently I was talking about the release date in U.S.,not in Japan...lol! But It's coming out in Japan very soon - this weekend! I'll definitely go to see it this weekend...Can't wait!:D
In Australia it's summer now, right? Here in Hyogo it's way too cold I'm freezing alone in my room!

Hope you have a good day;)