Aug 17, 2009

Japanese English = Jinglish

Since I started hanging out with my friends from English-speaking countries, I have been paying more attention to English surrounding our daily lives. For example, when I choose a T-shirt with some English phrases on it, I always ask my Australian friend to check whether it makes sense or not, before purchasing them.Before I met them I had never cared about it(Once I had a T-shirt with a print saying "You are dead, You are dead, You are dead,.....," ). When we're walking around cities and streets, they often stop walking to take pictures of funny English on the signs of shops and posters. Sometimes even I can get what is wrong and funny, but sometimes I can't understand why they are laughing at the English so much. They make me notice that we are surrounded by lots of "Japanese-English"(They call it "Jinglish").So, these days I have been trying to find such "Jinglish" around me.
Here are some examples of Jinglish that my friends and I have found so far;


Keep your hands and face...so where?!


Yes, let's!


....huh?



Well I would love to get a new hair cut there..

And here is a link for an interesting site about Jinglish below;


にほんブログ村 英語ブログへ

No comments: